Mr No Number

Can you imagine not having a social security number in the USA?  Well, give it a go while I tell you how it’s working out for Larry in Finland.


Can’t have a bank account or be on mine.

Bought a house, need to pay the tax. As we bought it jointly I am able to pay my half but Mr No Number needs his Number to pay his half.  Went to the  local tax office to see about getting it done a couple of weeks ago, no word yet.

Picked up our cars in Helsinki.  Next day went to get them inspected.  No problem with the car, just the paperwork.  Mr No Number has to have the insurance on his car in my name as a person with no number...well, perhaps you’re getting the idea.

And there’s a car tax.  Pay it online they said. Can’t as he hasn’t got a Number so he hasn’t got a name on a bank account.  I can’t as I don’t have a magic card from the police that assures people that I am who my passport and two driver’s licenses say I am!

The plan?  Tuesday it’s early rise and off to the tax office (one needs to get there before they open or we could be sitting there for hours). Thing is we have permission to drive the cars for a limited amount of time then we have to figure out the tax.






Comments

  1. Oh boy! You are patient! No sense getting your undies in a bundle. Just keep slogging through the paperwork maze!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two old farts keeping out of trouble

Food revisited

It’s a dog’s life